Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Wake Up With PB & Banana Power Bowl

Good Morning Followers,

I am not lying when I say I have had this for breakfast every single morning for two months...I'll admit it, I'm addicted yes, it's really that good. This "power bowl" is the perfect start to your morning combining complex carbohydrates, and tons of lean protein from a base of fat free ricotta cheese (if eating ricotta for breakfast is not for you then use plain or vanilla Greek yogurt instead). Clean eating that tastes great, and makes you feel even better -- I'll take it!

Warning: this breakfast may cause you to engage in strange behaviors such as licking the bowl when its gone...

PB & Banana Breakfast Power Bowl
(serves 1 or 2 depending on how hungry you are)

1 medium ripe banana mashed

1 cup Calabrio Fat Free Ricotta Cheese ( can be found at Big Y, Stop and Shop, Whole Foods)
or 1 cup fat free Plain or Vanilla Greek Yogurt

cinnamon to taste ( I like a lot)

1 T natural creamy peanut butter ( I use Skippy Natural)

1/2 cup Kashi Honey Oat Heart to Heart Cereal or any other natural cereal you enjoy. (sometimes I use Barbara's Peanut Butter Puffins)

In a bowl slice the banana and mash it with a fork. Add 1 cup ricotta cheese and cinnamon, stir until well combined. Next stir in the peanut butter until well combined. Finally, add 1/2 cup of cereal and fold into the ricotta mixture. BAM! Thats it, enjoy every bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment