Monday, December 19, 2011

Annie's Shells and White Cheddar...Sometimes It's Just That Kind of Night

After working a double shift today the last thing I wanted to do was come home and make dinner. Then I remembered the good old purple box of Annie's Shells and White Cheddar Mac and Cheese I have had lying in my pantry for probably a good six months...it was the perfect comfort food after a long day on my feet. I had some broccoli in the fridge (always do!) so I decided to up the nutrients and throw some into my big bowl of cheesy pasta deliciousness. I would recommend Annie's Mac and Cheese for when you need to make something fast for dinner, or when you have just had a long stressful day and feel like digging into a big bowl of something delicious that takes you back to your childhood - when life was easy! Annie's is healthier than ordering pizza or chinese takeout, its all natural and made with whole wheat pasta unlike its neon orange Kraft competitor! You could even add cooked chicken to up the protein and make a chicken and broccoli casserole type dinner!

Annie's Shells and White Cheddar Mac and Cheese With Broccoli
(Serves 2)

Make Shells according to package directions, when there are 3 minutes left on the pasta timer add a cup (or more) of raw chopped broccoli. When the pasta is done drain the broccoli and pasta and return it to the pot. Add the cheese packet and 1/4 cup of nonfat or 2% milk. Add a pat of butter if desired, or if you have had the day from hell...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment