Monday, August 29, 2011

Cinnamon...mmm

Good Morning skinny ladies and gents,

With fall just around the corner I wanted to post about one of my favorite spices -- cinnamon! I typically eat cinnamon every day and I've come to find out there are amazing health benefits that it provides. That being said here are a few ways you can try and sprinkle some into your diet

Here is a link to Women's Health Mag that talks about the health benefits of cinnamon -
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/cinnamon-benefits-explained

These are just a few ways I add cinnamon to my diet every day

- Make cinnamon sugar with 1 packet of truvia or your sweetener of choice and sprinkle it on top of a buttered multigrain english muffin (I had this with eggs for breakfast this morning yum!!!!)

- Sprinkle it on sweet treats like cereal, oatmeal, plain greek yogurt, apple slices, broiled banana slices, or in your latte

- Sprinkle it on savory treats like pork tenderloin, sweet potato, stir into plain hummus, salads and salad dressings

- Sprinkle it on desserts like vanilla ice-cream, sugar free pudding, stir into peanut butter and smear on a cinnamon graham cracker

Here is one more link to a great fall quinoa salad recipe that incorporates...you guessed it...cinnamon! (the cinnamon is in the dressing - add a bit more than a pinch if your feeling sassy) http://livewell360.com/2008/08/quinoa-apple-and-walnut-salad-with-turkey-sausage/

Happy Sprinkling!

Note: Sorry if the links don't work, I'm not sure how to use them in my posts as a direct link. Just copy and paste the link into you're address bar and hit enter, they should work just fine that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment